How can I point my domain name to my home server's IP?



You will need to setup an A record for your domain name to point to your server's IP address.

Please note that you can only set up an A record for the domain if it’s using our default nameservers.

In order to set up an A (address) record for your domain please perform the following actions:

  • Sign in to your Namecheap account
  • Click on your username - it will be on the black bar located at the top of the page
  • Click Manage Domains and click on the domain you wish to set the A (address) record for
  • Click on All Host Records on the left (missing All Host Records option?)
  • Enter your IP address for both WWW and @ fields and choose the record type as A (Address).

New_Point_my_domain_name_to_my_home_server.png

  • Click Save changes

Normally the changes should take effect within minutes.

Comments

Trending

5 Ways Voice Recognition Is Now A Part of Our Everyday Lives

How to fix your Android phone